Hi baby, Mommy is busy these days (though never too busy for you, just too busy to blog much) so we’ll keep this one concise. Because you’ve changed SO MUCH in the last month!
- You had two bottom teeth coming in by your 5-month birthday at the end of December. Wow!
- 2 weeks later you had two top teeth breaking through, the lateral incisors to be precise.
- 1 week after that I noticed your top middle teeth were coming in too. Wowsa!
- For the most part teething has been tolerable though you have your bad days and I can’t blame you one bit. This morning was not a good day – the middle left on top is still trying to break through the skin and it doesn’t feel good. You didn’t sleep that well last night either.
- Speaking of sleep, let’s aim for more ‘all night’ nights and fewer ‘wake up unhappy in the middle of the night’ ones, please? And as truly adorable and fun as you were, please no more wide-awake-and-want-to-play-at-10:00pm nights!
- You learned to sit up on your own at the end of 5 months and now you’re a champion sitter and player, on the floor or the couch, my lap or your high chair at the table -
- Because you started eating solid foods! Big boy! Rice cereal went down like you’ve been eating it all your life. Oatmeal caused a slight eyebrow wrinkle and hesitation but then you took to that like a champ, too.
- Carrots went over pretty well last night, along with another eyebrow twitch and lots of moving them around in your mouth. But you kept on opening that mouth for more so I fed you. = )
- Last week you started making HUGE smiles, showing all your teeth and squinching your eyes shut and it makes me laugh every time.
- So far your eyes are such an interesting grey green color, sometimes looking more blue or more green – hopefully you’ll keep that and not go brown like Mommy and Daddy.
- You are still such a happy, smiling, engaging and social baby it breaks my heart when you’re feeling bad.
- You weighed almost 16 pounds at your 6-month checkup. And you’re 28 inches long already. Maybe you could slow the growing a little bit, my baby boy?
- So far you show no interest in saying Mamama or Dadada but you do talk a lot so it’s still fun. You like to say “hiiii” to the dog.
- You’ve completely forgotten your love for the Great Booby. That love has now transfered to just about anything red, especially Mommy’s red dressmaker dummy that recently moved back into the Nursdio. You like to smile at her, give her a pat, flirt a little… so, so cute.
- You always need to pat the thermostat by the door on the way out of the downstairs changing room, too.
- You LOVE jumping in the jumparoos at school or your jumper at home or as long as someone is willing to hold you under the armpits and let you go at in their lap. We don’t let you jump right after eating, though – don’t want to make milkshakes, do we?
- Nursing is interesting now that you have so many teeth. You’re pretty good about not biting, unless you’re done or bored so I keep an eye out for that. And you’ve stopped nursing for as long as you used to, which is good and bad – takes less time but it’s affecting my milk supply.
- Speaking of milk, I’m glad you don’t mind formula because we’ll be gradually moving that direction.
- You ROCK, Forrest. Daddy and I love you so much and have such fun with you and miss you when we’re not together. Even on the fussy/crying/won’t go to sleep days, we’ll love you forever.
- Thank you Aunt Kathy and Uncle Jerry, for the awesome duds in these pictures!
Considering Forrest was crying pretty hard just before these pictures I was super-happy with the results. Here are some more standouts from this little session, plus an “outtake” at the end. Love you, buddy! Keep those smiles coming!
(Good think I kept this one “concise” hunh? = )