Happy First Day of Summer! We actually have sun today, go figure. I’m looking forward to more heat and sun in the near future, and I’m a girl who prefers the heat to stop at 85, max (hope you’re enjoying your time in the sun, Liz!).
Some Friday Random:
- This picture accurately depicts the state of my brain yesterday afternoon: I was doing data analysis with a new program here at work, finding coordinates and doing minor calculations to map walls for an apartment structure. It was interesting once I got my brain properly wrapped around the x and y axis (I’m left/right deficient, I was a little x/y deficient too…), and once I figured out how to keep the program from crashing every other entry. Now to get my AutoCad skills back up to speed so I can better help out around this joint!
- Forrest is cutting another tooth, which I discovered last Friday – the canine on the upper left, to be exact. I didn’t really know he was teething, either, and before I receive a bunch of hate mail from moms with fussy teethers: Yes, I know we’re incredibly lucky Forrest goes through it this easily. Maybe you’ll get lucky and his molars will wreak havoc on our lives. = )
- This weekend we’ll be heading down south near Corvallis to a family reunion; Matt’s side of the family is pretty big and this will be the first time most of them have met our little man. Forrest should have a blast. One other cousin (two or three times removed) has a baby-sized kid, too, so I’m hoping they’re there. I’m sure the assortment of pre-teen to early teen girls will have a blast with my little flirt too. There will be no shortage of sitters on hand to help out.
- On Tuesday Forrest joined me for a Solstice Celebration with my bellydance group and he seemed to have a *blast* – I danced throughout pregnancy with him so I’m sure he recognized those beats and sounds and music. He had a fun time flirting with all the girls, too. The kid’s turning into quite the flirt, just like his daddy. AND I’m going back to Sunday morning bellydance (can’t express how excited I am about this, truly) soon, hopefully to get back into Tuesday classes again soon too. Anyone want to babysit a couple hours on Tuesday nights??
- I recommend bellydance to pregnant women far and wide (health permitting) – I swear it made all the difference in my labor and birth experience, which was relatively fast – felt the first contraction about 3:30pm, got to the hospital about 10:00pm (the pain did cause nausea and I did throw up, was slightly dehydrated so had to get an IV for fluids, almost passed out because my blood sugar was too low, got a glucose drip then got an epidural, did some naked-butt-in-the-air acrobatics to keep baby off the umbilical cord), started pushing around 5:15am and had a baby just before 6:00am. Before I get hate mail from you mommas who went through a lot more than I did – you have my total admiration. I know, I was lucky. BUT, back to bellydance – my joints and muscles were in really good shape in the right places. Just sayin’.
- I used the word “blast” three times above. Sorry. Won’t happen again. Pinky swear. = )
Hope you all have a fabulous First Day of Summer, and a wonderful weekend, and go kiss the ones you love on a regular basis. Hug them too. And do something for them this weekend just because, with no hope of reciprocity or gain – just because you love them. Just because.