- For some reason I associate acorns with fall, even though they’re dropping off the oaks now. Not sure why. But I think they’re one of the prettiest little bits of nature to be found on the ground. And so full of potential.
- I’m going to try to do a full year of Haiku Tuesdays, and create a small book out of some or all of it. A little coffee table gem of a book, I think. Part of me wants to hand-bind it, but then I’d also like to make/sell multiple copies so that’s not really feasible with my schedule. We’ll see.
- I’m finding and gathering recipes I want to try faster than I have a lifetime to try them. But I’ll keep doing it anyway.
- My baby has his first fat lip and it’s a doozy. He fell at Grandma’s house yesterday, and looks like he got his lip between his sharp little teeth? Scraped off the outer layer of skin? It’s still a bit puffy and looks pretty bad but doesn’t appear to bother him. I think I’ve said this before, but I’m resigning myself to a boy who will bring home plenty of scrapes, bumps, bruises and breaks in the near future. I’ll be there to kiss them as long as he wants, too.
- He’s a year old next Wednesday. I’m not quite sure where the year has gone.
- Last night for dinner we had “chopped” caprese salad: chopped up cherry tomatoes, fresh mozza, salami, kalamata olives and big hunks of basil, dressed in olive oil, balsamic, the good salt (fleur de sel) and pepper, piled onto slices of pugliese loaf. This is our favorite meal in the summer.
- Tonight I need to use up some of the produce I’ve been
hoardingbuying lately; I’m going to try this veggy saute to serve with these taquitos.
- This weekend we’ll be cleaning, cleaning, cleaning to get the house and yard in tip top shape for Little Tree’s party next weekend. No theme, just a friends and family BBQ. And maybe some paper straws.
What are you up to?
Have a fabulous Friday and a great weekend!