- Deep Thoughts Thursday didn’t happen yesterday because I was lucky to have a coherent thought at all. Forrest had me up three nights in a row, Wednesday night being the worst, and since he’s a good sleeper I’m not used to those 1-3 hour awake periods in the middle of the night anymore. Brutal. Makes me wish the nifty newborn hormones that made it tolerable at the beginning extended through teething. And since teething for him equals ear infections there’s always one night during a batch of new teeth when neither of us sleep well. See below; hopefully he’s done for a while.
- My baby has 11 teeth. ELEVEN teeth! And I think #12, the lower right first molar, is on the way too. His Grandma H is right, we should start calling him Jaws.
- I work for a structural engineering firm. The guys are always talking shop but I’m not sure I’ll ever hear this (somewhat crude sounding because I have a dirty mind) phrase again: “choke up your strut-nuts and beef up your termination.” <snicker>
- Tomorrow hubby and I are going to a “White Trash” themed 40th birthday party. Since I like to dress the part I’ve been shopping for “trashy” clothing to wear… oddly “white trash” clothing seems to also fall under 80s style…
- Have you been on a hot air balloon ride? Mom and I went years ago and it was sooo cool. Drifting with the wind, no sound (except the occasional blast of heat/flame), seeing the world from in-a-plane perspective only closer. It’s the time of year when the balloons are up first thing in the morning as I drive to work and that makes me remember our trip every time. Also makes me wish camera phones existed way back then; I can’t remember if we took pictures!
Happy Friday, gang! Hope you have a good one and it extends into an excellent weekend, too. = )